Attorney & CounselorJoined in 2013
Lauren specializes in business and employment related immigration law. Her practice involves assisting employers with worksite compliance issues to minimize potential liability associated with the verification of employment authorization of foreign nationals, including training companies and individuals on the employment eligibility verification process. Lauren actively works with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to ensure clients create and maintain a culture of compliance.
Lauren also focuses on various family and employment-based immigration matters, including Internationally Recognized Athletes (“P-1”) and Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement (“O-1”).
Areas of Practice
- Immigration & Nationality Law
- Employment and Business Related Immigration
Southern Methodist University School of Law – Dallas, Texas
Juris Doctor, 2003
Amberton University – Garland, Texas
Master of Arts in Professional Counseling, 2011
Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Arts, 1999
- GTE Scholar Athlete, 1997
- Eisenhower Leadership Development Program, 1999
Admissions & Licenses
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Licensed Professional Counseling-intern, State of Texas
Speeches & Publications
- Enforcing Foreign Judgments in Texas. The Advocate – The Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas. Volume 63, Summer 2013, Co-Author.
- Panel Speaker, I-9/E-Verify: Short form, Long List of Complexities and Hard Hitting Penalties, 2014 Texas/Oklahoma/New Mexico AILA Spring Conference in Dallas, TX (April 25, 2014).
- Co-Author, Discrimination on I-9 Verification is Risky Business. Construction News (March 2014). www.constructionnews.net.
- Co-Author, E-Verify: Friend or Foe? Construction News (February 2014). www.constructionnews.net.
- Co-Author, Verifying a Mobile Workforce. Construction News (January 2014). www.constructionnews.net.
- Co-Author,(2013, October). Verification, Technology, and Challenges to the Small- to Mid-Sized Business Employer. Paper presented at 37th Annual Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law, Austin, TX.
- Co-Author, Enforcing Foreign Judgments in Texas. The Advocate – The Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas. Volume 63, Summer 2013.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas A&M Association of Former Students